- Welcome to the cashcollection.myeedc.com/energypay website (the "Site"). These terms & conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the Site, and all of its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliate operated Internet sites which reference these Terms and Conditions.
- This Site is owned and operated by Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Plc. For the purposes of this Site, "seller", "we", "us" and "our" all refer to cashcollection.myeedc.com/energypay or Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Plc as the case may be.
- We reserve the right, to change, modify, add, or remove the whole or portions of both the Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
- Kindly review the Terms and Conditions listed below diligently prior to using this website as your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be wholly bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that if you are unsure of the meaning of any part of these Terms and Conditions or have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions, you will not hesitate to contact us for clarification or seek independent legal advice. Nothing that we provide to you in clarification shall be taken as binding between us and you. No legal advice that you receive shall be binding on us or create any legal obligations between you and us.
- These Terms and Conditions fully govern the use of this website. No extrinsic evidence, whether oral or written, will be incorporated.
Use of the Site
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are not yet 18 years of age, you confirm that you are accessing the Site under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who accepts these Terms and Conditions to the full and same extent as any other user. We may refuse to provide access to the Site where we are required to so refuse by law.
- This Site may only be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions of Use or do not wish to be bound by them, you agree to refrain from using this Site and hold us harmless from your breach of your agreement.
- We grant you a non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use this Site, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use, for your payment for electricity and such other purposes as we may from time to time advise.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use specifically prohibit actions including but not limited to accessing our servers or internal computer systems, interfering in any way with the functionality of this Site, gathering or altering any underlying software code, or infringing any intellectual property rights. This list of prohibited actions is non-exhaustive and any other actions that in our exclusive estimation detract from the purposes of this Site or are improper, illegal, in bad faith or otherwise not agreeable to us are also strictly prohibited.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall result in the immediate revocation without prior notice to you of the license to use granted to you. If we determine at our sole and unfettered discretion that you are in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to deny you access to this Site and its contents and do so without prejudice to any available remedies at law or otherwise.
- Certain services and related features that may be made available on the Site may require registration. If you choose to register or subscribe for any such services or related features, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself, and to promptly update such information if there are any changes. Every user of the Site is solely responsible for keeping the user’s passwords and other account identifiers safe and secure.
- The account owner is entirely responsible for all activities that occur on the account or using the account password. Furthermore, you must notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account provided always and you hereby agree that such notification shall not in any way render us responsible or liable to you or anyone else for anything resulting from the unauthorized use or from your failure to comply with this section.
- During the registration process you agree to receive promotional emails from the Site. You can subsequently opt out of receiving such promotional e-mails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any promotional email.
- Anything that you submit to the Site and/or provide to us, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions, (hereinafter called, "Submissions") will become our sole and exclusive property and shall not be returned to you. Nothing in this Section or in the Terms and Conditions shall however be interpreted as making us responsible or liable to you or anyone else for anything resulting from your Submissions to the Site.
- You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may at our absolute discretion, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions.
Information Available on the Site
- You accept that the information contained in this Site is provided as is, and is intended for information purposes only and that it is subject to change without notice. Although we take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of information and we believe the information to be reliable when posted, it should be relied upon entirely at your own risk and it does not in any way constitute either a representation or a warranty or a guarantee on our part.
- We shall not be held responsible or made liable for any damages or injury which may arise as a result of any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication failure and defect in the information, content, materials, software or other services included on or otherwise made available through our Site.
Accessibility of Site
Our aim is to ensure accessibility to the website at all times, however we make no representation to that effect. We reserve the right to terminate the website at any time and without notice. You accept that service interruptions may occur at our discretion and for whatever reason, including but not limited to interruptions in order to allow for Site improvements or scheduled maintenance, as well as reasons beyond our control.
Links and Third Party Websites
- We may include links to third-party websites at any time. However, the existence of a link to another website should not be considered an affiliation or a partnership with a third party, or an endorsement of a particular website unless expressly stated.
- In the event the user follows a link to another website, he or she does so at his or her own risk. We accept no responsibility for any content, including, but not limited to, information, products and services, available on third party websites.
- Creating a link to our Site or between our Site and any other website is strictly forbidden without our prior written consent. Furthermore, we reserve the right to revoke our consent without notice or justification.
- Both parties agree that all intellectual property rights and database rights, whether registered or unregistered, in the Site, information content on the Site and all the Site design, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. Use of such material will only be permitted as expressly authorized by us or our licensors.
- Any unauthorized use of the material and content of this Site is strictly prohibited and you agree not to, or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
This Site is only for delivery of product to customers within the area in respect of which Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Plc is licensed. We make every effort to deliver products in a timely manner; however, occasional delays are inevitable due to unforeseen factors or factors beyond our control. We shall be under no liability or responsibility to you for any delay or failure to deliver the products within the estimated timescales or at all.
- We may communicate with you regarding the Site by means of electronic communications including sending electronic mail to the email address you provided during registration or posting notices and other communications on the Site.
- If you have a complaint about the Site, you should contact us using the following details: Call: 084700100, Email: email@example.com, Address: No.62 Okpara Avenue, Enugu.
We will endeavor to resolve any complaints as quickly as possible. We may ask for additional information from you before dealing with the complaint. Nothing herein however shall be regarded as an acceptance of responsibility on our part to investigate, remediate or otherwise act in relation to your complaint.
- You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Assigning or sub-contracting any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party is prohibited unless we have, at our absolute and unfettered discretion, given prior written consent to the assignment or sub-contract.
- We reserve the right, at our absolute and unfettered discretion, to transfer, assign or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Subject to the Arbitration section below, each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria and to waive any objections based upon venue.
- Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions of Use will be referred to and finally settled by private and confidential binding arbitration before a single arbitrator held in Nigeria in English and governed by Nigerian law pursuant to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Cap A18, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, as amended, replaced or re-enacted from time to time.
- The arbitrator shall be a person who is legally trained, has experience in the information technology field in Nigeria and is independent of either party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Site reserves the right to pursue the protection of intellectual property rights and confidential information through injunctive or other equitable relief through the courts.
- In addition to any other legal or equitable remedies available to us, we may, without prior notice to you, immediately suspend or terminate the Terms and Conditions of Use or revoke any or all of your rights granted under the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Upon any termination of the Terms and Conditions, you shall immediately cease all access to and use of the Site and account identification issued to you and stop your access to and use of this Site in whole or in part. Any suspension or termination of the Terms and Conditions shall not avoid your obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) arising before the date of suspension or termination. You furthermore agree that the Site shall not be liable to you or to any other person as a result of any such suspension or termination.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Plc in operating the Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
If any portion of these terms or conditions is held by any court or tribunal to be invalid or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, then that part shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions of Use and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other section listed in this document.